Sarah Pinson debunks every possible stereotype or underestimation of women ever made. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? Sarah is your modern-day working mom who shows you how to kick ass in every aspect of life. And Cybersecurity is yet another field that did not intimidate her or hold her back from leaning in and showing how it’s done. No, no, Sarah loves a challenge or two! Whether it’s a marathon, a Spartan race, working full-time and raising kids or get a cybersecurity certification while working a full-time PM or security analyst job, she’s doing it with grace and a beautiful smile. Sarah’s fearlessness, resilience, positive growth mindset and unmatched sense of humor make her The Ms. Sparta of Cyber, kicking doors in, proving nay-sayers wrong and raising the bar for all women on all possibilities in life.
Recommendations from Sarah
- Embrace every opportunity to learn something new. Stay open to all possibilities. Say: Why not!?
- Join a study group: learning something new is more fun when you do it together.
- Offer a hand to others. We all need one and it feels good to make a difference in the life of someone else.
- Manage your time wisely and proactively. Use your calendar, color coding, timers, checklists, post-its and/or reminders; whatever works for you.
- Draw a line. Manage people expectations realistically.
- Make your health a priority. Take breaks!
- Nobody knows everything in cybersecurity. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Ask for clarity.
- Find your transferable skills and lean on them when you move into a new role or organization.
- Which are your plastic vs glass balls and focus on the glass balls. It’s ok if a plastic ball falls.
- Culture matters.
- Find an employer who supports you and where you are in life. Some allow remote work and recognize it opens the door for more talent.
- Spice up your life with GIFs! Share some joy with a little GIF left and right.
- Be a cheerleader!