Antonio and Kelsey adopted puppy brothers. Other than having a love of their puppies in common, they are both in college to gain a cybersecurity education. Without any further ado did Antonio recruit our first podcast guest, and boy did we have a great time talking to Kelsey and learning about her journey into cybersecurity. You will absolutely love her energy, can-do attitude and inspiring story. There is so much potential in Kelsey, we cannot wait to see what the next chapter will look like, let alone where she’ll be five years from now. Watch out, world, here comes Kelsey!
Lessons Learned from Kelsey
Don’t let the nay-sayers get to you. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and are supportive of your wildest ambitions! You can do anything you want.
Follow role-models in cybersecurity:
- Diane Janosek, JD, PhD, CISSP, Leader at NSA
- Jen Easterly, Director CISA
- Kimberly Bryant, CEO Black Girls Code
- Tarika Barrett, CEO Girls Who Code
- Adrianne George, #NatSecGirlsSquad
- Poppy Gustafsson, CEO of Darktrace
- Clar Rosso, CEO of (ISC)2
- Julie Sweet, CEO of Accenture